Morrison Securities are a Trading Participant of one or more Australian Exchanges and also a Clearing Participant of ASX Clear Pty Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of ASX Limited).
Why invest in shares?
Who should invest in shares?
A new starter in the market and wanting a better return on savings than the banks are offering in the current low interest rate environment. Might be a parent investing in parcels of shares for their child or themselves, a uni student wanting to start a small portfolio, any other person with savings whom want a better return than current savings accounts or fixed term deposits.
Time-poor investor with an idle portfolio
Someone that has an existing share portfolio that they acquired through a discount broker but are now too time poor to conduct their own research and make necessary adjustments to their portfolio. They now need a professional adviser to ensure they are maximising their returns from their portfolio.
Planning for retirement
Has an existing portfolio but needs some assistance to ensure the portfolio is well positioned into retirement in terms of stock allocation. May want to take greater control of their investments by establishing a SMSF.
Has an established portfolio, maybe a SMSF, and requires the expertise of our experienced advisers to ensure the portfolio consists of a diversified mix of strong companies paying good dividends. May require specialist advice in terms of protecting the value of the portfolio.
An investor that understands markets and uses share trading to maximise returns in the short term. Requires the advice of our traders to talk strategies and prices.
Buying shares | How we can help
Get in touch
Let us assist you in creating a share portfolio. Whether you are new to the market or have been investing for years, the team of experienced professionals at iInvest are here to help.
Get in touch
Get in touch
Selling shares | How we can help
Are you looking for a fast and efficient means of selling a parcel of shares without the fuss of establishing a full account? We can have an account set up and shares sold usually within the day, with the funds in your account typically within 2 days.
Get in touch
Investing in Blue Chip Shares
Get in touch
Get in touch
Common investments we can help with
At iInvest we can buy and sell US shares for you in major US shares. Companies like Apple, Google, Disney and Microsoft are traded on international exchanges which we have access to.
There is always an element of risk when investing in equities, however our analysis of key fundamental company indicators, together with key technical indicators, is valuable in identifying when to buy and when to sell. You can also never underestimate experience in determining when to buy and when to sell; our senior investment advisers been reading and analysing markets for over 25 years.
We can help you do just that with everything from our seamless one-off trade service, to helping you develop a tailored portfolio specific to your particular financial situation and needs.
How can shares build your wealth?
Shares are a popular investment for the following reasons:
Why should you invest in shares?
Understanding the benefits & risks
Benefits of investing in shares:
- Potential to outperform returns from other asset classes
- Dividends and potential capital growth
- Taxation benefits – e.g. Franking Credits
- Liquidity – the ability to buy and sell shares quickly and easily
- Ease of transactions
- Ability to start investing from as little as $500* (not including brokerage)
- Relatively low transaction costs
- Shareholder voting rights
- Shareholder benefits* (some companies offer discounts for shareholders)
Risks involved with investing in shares:
- The share price may fall from what you originally paid for the shares
- If a company goes broke, ordinary shareholders are the last in line to get their money back
- The value of shares will fluctuate over time, and dividend payments are dependant on company profits
- Past performance of a company is no guarantee of future performance and earnings
- Risks associated with the Australian and global economies e.g. currency volatility, recessions, natural disasters, wars, political instability
What do we look for in a company?
Solid yields for income
Strong board and management
Strong cash flow
Strong balance sheet
Strong growth story for capital appreciation
Strong industry position (pricing power)
Quality earnings (comfort with forecasts)
What we do | How to buy & sell shares with iInvest
Advise you on individual share selection
Construct a share portfolio
Whether you are just starting out with your first investment or have been trading for years, the iInvest team will be able to assist you. With iInvest you can trade any of the ASX listed shares plus many international markets around the world at competitive prices.
As a client of iInvest you will receive a copy of our daily research as well as recommendations, economic updates and our quarterly newsletter. We also send trading alerts to our client’s by SMS / Text Messages to ensure you receive our trade ideas straight away no matter where you are.
What can we help with?
- Buying shares | We can help with one-off share purchases or help construct a portfolio that aligns with your financial goals
- Selling shares | Whether a one-off sale or multiple transactions, iInvest Securities can help
- Access to international markets | Want to purchase shares traded on international markets? Get in touch, we can get you access to international markets
- Bank & blue-chip stocks | We can help you purchase shares in the big four banks: ANZ, CBA, NAB, WBC and a number of highly valued and stable investments
- When to buy or sell? | At iInvest Securities, research and analysis is one of the things we do best. Contact us for up-to-date market forecasts and analysis
Yields: Savings account Vs Blue chip portfolio
With bank interest rates at all-time lows – It’s time to look for a better yield elsewhere. Below is a table of projected yields for some of the biggest stocks in our market. The yields on these stocks are currently greater than most at call bank accounts and term deposits are offering. Investing in these high yielding shares can make your money work harder for you: